Terms of Business
1. The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
The FCA is the independent watchdog that regulates financial services. This document is designed by the FCA to be given to consumers considering buying certain financial products. You need to read this important document. It explains the service you are being offered and how you will pay for it.
2. Whose products do we offer?
- We offer products from a range of insurers for all non-investment insurance contracts we deal with.
Ask us for a list of products we offer
- We only offer products from a limited number of insurers.
- We only offer products from a single insurer.
- We offer mortgages from the whole market.
- We only offer mortgages from a limited number of lenders.
- We only offer mortgages from a single lender.
3. Which service will we provide you with?
- We will advise and make a recommendation for you after we have assessed your needs for all types of non-investment insurance contracts that we deal with
- You will not receive advice or a recommendation from us. We may ask some questions to narrow down the selection of products that we will provide details on. You will then need to make your own choice about how to proceed
- We will advise and make a recommendation for you on mortgage after we have assessed your needs.
- You will not receive advice or a recommendation from us. We may ask some questions to narrow down the selection of mortgage that we will provide details on. You will then need to make your own choice about how to proceed.
4. What will you have to pay us for our services?
- A Fee.
- No fee for all non-investment insurance contracts we deal with
You will receive a quotation which will tell you about any other fees relating to any particular insurance policy
- No fee. We will be paid by commission from the lender.
- A fee of £[ ] payable at the outset and £[ ] payable when you apply for a mortgage. We will also be paid commission from the lender.
- A fee of £[ ] payable at the outset. We will refund any commission received from the lender to you.
You will receive a key facts illustration when considering a particular mortgage, which will tell you about any fees relating to it.
Refund of fees:
If we charge you a fee, and your mortgage does not go ahead, you will receive:
- A full refund if the lender rejects your application.
- No refund under any other circumstance.
5. Who regulates us?
MRH Financial Advisors Limited is an appointed representative of Independent Connections Limited, Atria House, Spa Road, Bolton BL1 4AG which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. MRH Financial Advisors Limited FCA Register number is 499705.
MRH Financial Advisors Limited permitted business is advising on and arranging non-investment insurance contracts and Mortgages.
You can check this on the FCA’s Register by visiting the FCA’s website www.fca.gov.uk/register/home.do or by contacting the FCA on 0845 606 1234.
6. What to do if you have a complaint
If you wish to register a complaint, please contact us:
…in writing: Write to The Complaints Department, Independent Connections Limited of Atria House, Spa Road, Bolton BL1 4AG.
…by phone: Telephone 01204 540 897.
If you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
7. Are we covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)?
We are covered by the FSCS. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim.
Insurance advising and arranging is covered for 90% of the claim, without any upper limit.
Mortgage advising and arranging is covered up to a maximum limit of £50,000.
Further information about compensation scheme arrangements is available from the FSCS.